It turns out that the project build order can get jumbled somehow. Luckily the fix was quite simple:
- Right click on the the Solution or any Project in the Solution Explorer and choose “Build order…”
- Verify that your TDS project is at the bottom of the list.
- If not:
- Choose the Dependencies tab
- Select the TDS project in the projects drop down
- Tick the web project as a dependency
- If the TDS project is at the bottom of the list this fix probably will not help you.
That should do it. I was pointed in this direction by Hedgehog Development’s excellent support staff -thanks guys!